The W232 digital to RS232 adapter cable may be used to interface to the AT-WIZ-903 and WIZ-SML-12V transceiver modules to convert the 5V level digital signals to RS-232 format. The W232 is also a suitable adapter for any other circuits that require 5V digital CMOS/TTL level to RS-232 level translation, such as signal level converting between microcontroller UART port and RS-232 level ports.
The cable assembly has an RS-232 level converter circuit built right into the 9 pin D-SUB connector ‘s shell, and is powered by an external 5VDC supply applied to pins 10 (+5V) and pins 3 or 4 (0V) of the 10pin IDC type connector.
- Convert your 5V TTL/CMOS data to RS232 level data
- Convert our RS232 transceivers to 5V TTL/CMOS
- Electronics built into the 9 pin connector shell
- RS232 side configured as DCE (ie connects directly to COM port)
- 10 pin socket (2×5) on TTL/CMOS side
- 5V operation via 10 pin socket
- Very useful on the bench, saving repeated design of RS232 interfaces
- Convert the AT-WIZ-903 transceiver to RS232