The W232 TTL to RS232 adapter cable may be used to interface to the AT-WIZ-7020 and WIZ-SML-12V transceiver modules to convert the TTL level digital signals to RS-232 level. The W232 is a suitable adapter RS232 to TTL for interfacing circuits that require 5V digital CMOS/TTL level to RS-232 level translation, such as signal level converting between microcontroller UART port and RS-232 level ports.
The cable assembly has an RS-232 level converter circuit contained inside the 9 pin D-SUB connector ‘s shell. The adapter cable is powered by 5VDC applied to pin 10 (+5V) and pin 3 or 4 (0V) of the 10 pin IDC type connector.
- Convert your 5V TTL/CMOS data to RS232 level data
- Convert our RS232 transceivers to TTL/CMOS levels
- Electronics built into the 9 pin connector shell
- RS232 side configured as DCE (ie connects directly to COM port)
- 10 pin socket (2×5) on TTL/CMOS side
- 5V operation via 10 pin socket
- Very useful on the bench, saving repeated design of RS232 interfaces
- Convert the AT-WIZ-7020 transceiver to interface to RS232 ports